Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cici's Cafe

18912 Ventura Blvd.
Tarzana, Ca. 91356
818.881.6704
$$($10-$20)

Some people consider breakfast to be the most important meal of the day. Let's be real -- Breakfast is, hands down, the best meal of the day. Whether that breakfast consist of: a medium rare steak, over easy eggs, bacon, and potatoes; Or, fluffy red velvet pancakes, topped with chocolate shavings, whipped cream, maple syrup, and strawberries; or a piece of fried chicken sitting on top of a tall stack of buttered-up waffles, all drowned in maple syrup. Breakfast may be the most "important" meal of the day, but, I prefer it when it's the most decadent.

Cici's menu is ridiculous. Their menu is as exhausting as reading "The Odyssey." I called upon the Gods to come to a decision... meaning, I dropped a pencil and picked whatever it landed next to -- very scientific.

Hash Benedict [$13.25]
Corn Beef Hash + 2 Poached Eggs + English Muffin + Hollandaise Sauce + Potatoes (side)
Let me first say, the picture above does not give justice to how big this plate is; how Cici's Cafe is able to turn a profit off of their insane portions is beyond me. Their dishes can easily serve two people -- I, on the other hand, am a fat ass and have no limitations or dignity to prevent myself from shoveling excessive amounts of food into my mouth. Cutting into the delicate poached egg, I am overjoyed to bear witness as the yolk and Hollandaise sauce join forces and engulf the corn-beef and English muffin. The Hollandaise sauce is rich and buttery and plays nicely with the saltiness of the tender corn-beef. This is a heavy breakfast, don't plan anything for the remainder of your day.

Cici's Cafe has variety... maybe a little too much variety. I suggest bringing a group of friends so you can pick off their plates. The food is decadent and not for those who are incredibly health conscious. Also, if you are on a budget, don't fret, an order is sufficient for two -- you'll just have to take your time in coming to a decision on what you will be ordering  -- I suggest bringing a pencil. Definitely, go to Cici's Cafe to get fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis